Related Posts with Thumbnails

I missed my anniversary

I missed my anniversary and didn't even realize it! It just struck me when I was talking to my friend Cass tonight about our plans for a photoshoot and I had to reference something on the blog and came across this.


Last month this time marked 6 months of me owning a Nikon DSLR. It was the anniversary of when I committed myself to learning photography as a "serious hobby".  Sometimes I get  soooooo frustrated that my photography is not where I want it to be and I get discouraged when I see the great work of so many other photographers. But I have to take a step back and look at how far I have come. I've gotten to this point by just rolling up my sleeves and digging in and committing myself to learning. And quite frankly I never thought one little inanimate object like a camera could change my life so much. I have never had anything light a fire in me like photography. I feel so blessed to be able to pursue something that I love and gives me and others so much joy. I am looking forward to where photography takes me in the next 6 months because it has taken me oh so far already.

For now I leave you with a photo I took around my "anniversary" at the Shoot the Shot Workshop I attended hosted by Isabel March.

And if you want you can follow my photography journey over at Girl Photography.

And yes this was totally a post giving myself a pat on the back. Hey we all need one every once in a while ;)


TOLIVER FAMILY  – (June 9, 2010 at 9:17 PM)  

pat on girlie...u deserve it... you've come so far!

happy belated anniversary :)

Creature Gorgeous  – (June 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM)  

I'm patting you on the back. Only six months??? Your skills seem to suggest you've been at it for years!!! Happy belated anniversary!

Unknown  – (June 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM)  

Happy Anniversary!! For a second I thought you meant your wedding anniversary and I went 'ooooh, not good'! Like the other comments, I'm shocked it's been only 6 months, your work is incredible and while it's great that you're committed to learning, don't forget to give yourself credit for how far you've come!

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP