Related Posts with Thumbnails

My visit with an old friend in Brooklyn

The other weekend I was able to ride the train up to New York and spend the weekend with one of my oldest and dearest friends from college. I met Toya my first week of college and while we are soooo different in so many ways, we feel comfortable around each other and can talk for hours and hours when we are together. I love visiting her and her little family, her girls are so adorable and sweet, plus I get the opportunity to always see some cool site in NY. This trip was no different and we swung by the Brooklyn Flea Market. Though not large in size it is jammed pack with goodies. I found one vendor that made furniture from reclaimed wood (barns, doors, etc) and was so disappointed when I learned that they don't ship. Me and hubby would have to rent a truck and drive to NY to buy any of their items. And I am seriously debating it since they were so beautiful (And like a num-num forgot to snap a pic of any of their booth.) 

And you know me being a big foodie I had to stop and get great food. We went to Cafe Habana Post in Brooklyn for hands down the best frozen mojito and cuban sandwiches anywhere. Oh my gosh I am drooling thinking about them. YUM.

Oh and in case you are wondering all pics were taken with my 35mm lens and the Nikon D90.

Enjoy!


There were tons of vintage Coach bags at the flea market. I mean everywhere! Maybe they are a hot item right now. Oh how I wanted to snag one. These were the bags when Coach only made leather and they were sturdy as hell.










My friend Toya taking my picture. Something that rarely happens these days since I took up photography.




Shannon  – (June 22, 2010 at 11:54 AM)  

I need more friends that live in cool places. Gorgeous pics Nicole!!! But enough with the frozen mojito bragging please! hahaha, I NEED one now!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards  – (June 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM)  

I really love the photo of your friend with the camera. Usually they don't have so much focus on the person when they are taking a photo. I love that.

Creature Gorgeous  – (June 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM)  

Gorgeous, gorgeous images, as usual. Looks like it was such a fun time!!!! I love the photo of Toya and her camera, too!

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP