Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hot Weather = Sweet Tea aka Liquid Diabetes


Anyone who knows me well knows that I do not indulge in caffeinated beverages or beverages that could potentially stain my teeth (red wine, strong tea, coffee). (Yes I am a clean teeth freak) I mainly drink water 98% of the time. But my one weakness is sweet tea which my husband and I jokingly call "Liquid Diabetes". And boy is it SWEET! Just the way both my husband and I like it. My husband's family is from West Virginia and my family from Georgia and Virginia so we were both raised on sweet tea being the drink of choice on hot days. And it just wasn't good if it wasn't done with a lot of sugar. The secret is to put the sugar in when its hot so that it dissolves. One of my pet peeves in restaurants is that they expect you to add in the sugar when its cold, then you have a pile of sugar at the bottom of the glass. YUCK!

I try not to make it too often but it is so easy and tasty. Plus for me it clearly falls into a comfort food category because it brings back fond memories.

So what is your drink of choice when the weather gets warm?

Jenny @ Anything Pretty  – (May 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM)  

Oh I love sweet tea.....but I am like you and try to avoid the sugar overload:)

TOLIVER FAMILY  – (May 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM)  

We (my husband and oldest daughter MacKenzie) are ADDICTED to snow cones. We have the best snow cone "shack" here in Tulsa! The stand opened last weekend and we stood in line with 50 people the 2nd day and 40 people the 3rd day...so worth it. LOVE snow cones in the warm weather.

in "anytime" weather when we have company - i usually make a fun punch with strawberries, hawaiian punch, sprite and ginger ale.

Amie  – (May 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM)  

Or, even worse than the sugar cold at the bottom of the glass: when they bring iced tea/sweet tea in a glass with about 4 ice cubes. What the heck am I supposed to do with 4 ice cubes? It's ICED tea people!

That always gets on my nerves. Can you tell?

Creature Gorgeous  – (May 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM)  

I knew there was something about you that drew me to you. You're southern at heart! Oh my goodness, I LOOOOOOVE SWEET TEA!!! Little known fact: I went to undergrad in the south and all I drank was SUPER sweet tea! You just brought back so many memories. We made regular ice tea for a brunch we hosted the other day, but NOT the same.

Nicole Peterson  – (May 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM)  

Yeah really good sweet tea is my weakness.

Also I once in a blue moon indulge in the one soda I absolutely love which is pineapple soda. They only sell it in urban areas of Philly and it is my one soda weakness. So tasty! Probably because it is super sweet.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP