Related Posts with Thumbnails

Planning a Luncheon for Mommy - Invitations


As Deb from Owl and Bunny can attest to a couple of weeks ago I was going back and forth regarding choosing an invitation for my mother's birthday luncheon I am hosting. My mother will be 59 this year and I was holding off doing something special for her until next year when she turns the big 6-0. However, my mother had a series of health scares the past couple of months one of which involved a potential diagnosis of cancer, which thank the Lord it was not, so I thought why wait. This is the perfect time to celebrate her life and show my appreciation to her for being such a wonderful and giving mother. So I decided to do a birthday luncheon at the Philadelphia Park Hyatt Bellevue XIX, one of our favorite restaurants, for her and 5 of her closest friends.

I wanted the invite to be feminine, light, and sophisticated and also keep with my mother's style and taste. I went back and forth as to whether I should make them myself, order print your own through etsy, or go all out and have them custom done. In the process I had a hard time making up my mind and kept waffling back and forth between the three options. I even went as far as drafting up an invite in Photoshop but put the kibosh on it when my mother said that she hates grey and of course the invites I designed were grey and yellow.

Then I decided to go check out Tiny Prints/Wedding Paper Divas. I order my Christmas cards through them every year (I know shame on me for not using etsy) and recall that they had some very pretty party  invites at reasonable prices. There I found a beautiful bridal shower invitation that I was able to customize to my needs. My mother loved it which was a big relief for me.

Now I can focus on florals and menu selection and of course I will keep you updated.

TOLIVER FAMILY  – (May 24, 2010 at 8:32 PM)  

love it... i love tiny prints...and etsy too ofcourse!

what a special birthday...im sure it will be lovely!

Creature Gorgeous  – (May 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM)  

Beautiful! Can't wait to read/see the results of your thoughtful planning for your mom's b-day luncheon!

Anonymous –   – (May 26, 2010 at 12:53 PM)  

these are so awesome!! i love the color combination - what a wonderful bday party it will be :D

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP