Related Posts with Thumbnails

Beans Anyone? Part II


I am seriously behind on my food posts. I have been meaning to post about one of my absolute favorite quick meals in our house - black bean quesadillas for about two weeks.

Remember when my husband bought home industrial sized cans of beans. Well it wasn't just kidney beans but black beans also. After the chili I still had one large can of black beans left. So I decided to make quesadillas. I started making these about two years ago after getting tired of paying for them at Whole Foods. I simply took their label of ingredients and improvised my own with my food processor and Cuisanart Griddler (I used to use the Foreman Grill before we got the Griddler).



I like the fact that they are easy and fast to make which on nights when I have had a long day come in handy. I sometimes make the bean filling ahead of time and freeze for nights just like that. The other plus is they are completely vegetarian and gives us reprieve from eating meat. (Its nice to mix it up sometime)


Black Bean Quesadillas




  • can of black beans
  • salsa (I use a hot southwestern blend since it gives it more flavor and texture)
  • minced garlic
  • cumin
  • kosher salt
  • chili powder
  • large flour tortillas
  • Blend of mexican cheese grated
  • hot sauce (optional)
  • cilantro (optional)
  • corn (optional)

  1. Rinse beans and pre cook in small saucepan for about 5 minutes
  2. Add beans, salsa, garlic, seasonings (cumin, chili powder, salt, hot sauce), cilantro to food processor. Pulse until bean mixture is a thick paste. I prefer it to have some texture and not be completely smooth
  3. Spread onto one half of flour tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
  4. Fold tortilla and place on grill and cook until tortilla has sear marks about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to overfill since the filling spreads as it cooks and can spill out of the quesadilla.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP