Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lost my mind - Target is dangerous

Target is a very dangerous place. I went to Target last night for cleaning supplies and toiletries and not 1 minute into the store I lost my mind. It never fails that I get easily distracted the minute I walk into Target and before I know it I am off wandering looking at stuff I had no intent on buying when I walked in the door. And the Target near me has strategically placed women's clothing and handbags right near the entrance. So it's like BAM!!!! - pretty enticing frilly things as soon as you walk in whispering  .... "Touch Me " ......"Try me on" .... "Take me home."

So along with cleaning supplies and toiletries I also scored 4 new dresses for spring/summer. In summer I am a dress fanatic, that is all I wear. I like to feel dainty and feminine plus feel cool and free. Target  had an awesome selection this year and I could have certainly walked away with a lot more but had to restrain myself and get some semblance of sanity so my husband wouldn't think I completely went bat crazy.

Excuse the fact that I didn't take these photos on my dress dummy. Was just to lazy to take my wedding dress off and do the dress changes on Free (that is the name of my dress dummy and yes I named her.)

I got this little number for $11 - Yes $11 - ten plus one. I thought it was very Michelle-esque. And it has pockets always a plus. And not those stupid pockets right on the hip which make you look even more hippy but more towards the center which are masked almost as darting.


Michelle and one of her many florals.


I loved the retro 70's feel of this one and its a color I never wear (I don't know why I have an aversion to wearing red). I will have to move the buttons on the sleeve. For some reason when Target designed this they thought everyone has freakishly long monkey arms.


I thought this was so darling and feminine. It would also be fab as a bridesmaid dress.


And this one struck me as having a 40's vintage feel and is a cute day dress for spring/summer or what I like to call a "kick around" dress.


And the most I paid for any one dress was $25.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards  – (March 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM)  

I love love the first dress. I love that it has pockets.

Okay, now I have to go to Target.

TOLIVER FAMILY  – (March 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM)  

ok...nicole...gotta tell ya... it cracks me up that you have a dress dummy!

i have that 2nd dress 2...im going to have to take it back though...i DO NOT have freakishly lon monkey arms...so it just doesn't work on me...

i loved it on the hanger though and will prob look much better on a taller person.

great buys though! love Target!

Anonymous –   – (March 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM)  

great finds - i need to check out my target. i can't wait till its warm enough to wear dresses w/o tights!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty  – (March 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM)  

I have the exact same dress as the top one....but in a different print and I paid full price for it. I love that print even more and since I love that dress so much I just might have to go buy it in that print. Love it!

Yankeenaijababe  – (March 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM)  

The dresses are very cutie and springy, just like me, I only wear colored dresses, skirt and anything flowery doing the spring/summer time...lovely choices.

Mrs. Hot Cocoa  – (March 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM)  

These are awesome finds! I went nuts at Target last week because of the arrival of Liberty of London for Target.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP