Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Peasy Vegetables


This is one of my favorite dishes to make and its also good for you. As I was saying to my husband tonight it is a total departure from how I ate vegetables as a girl. Being raised in the tradition of southern cooking vegetables weren't thought to be properly cooked unless it involved some form of animal fat, smoked meat preferably pork, oil, or butter. But as an adult I have broken with tradition in an effort to eat and live healthier. This is how I prepare our vegetables 9 times out of 10 and the great thing about it is that it works well for a variety of vegetables. I have made this with squash, carrots, asparagus, onions, the list goes on with the simple additions of extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and pepper for seasoning.


Easy Oven Baked Vegetables

Ingredients
  • Sliced vegetables (carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, onions, squash, etc) My favorite combination is carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions
  • Extra virgin olive oil for grilling
  • Kosher salt
  • Pepper
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400
  • Place vegetables on baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Tip: If using potatoes I try to cut the potatoes into smaller pieces so they cook at the same rate as the other vegetables.)
  • Cook until vegetables are tender and done. Fork will easily pierce vegetables.
Note: I was super excited to have this tonight since my diet has been so crappy of late and I have been craving fresh vegetables. But I guess it may have been cancelled out by the brownies I made using Shauna's recipe from Piece of Cake.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty  – (March 17, 2010 at 11:31 AM)  

Yum....looks delicious! We do something similar with a steamer and it always tastes yummy (well as yummy as veggies can taste)

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP