Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cucumber Dill Salad

I remember my mother making cucumber salad during the summer when I was little girl. Her recipe was made purely with white vinegar and cucumbers. My mother loved it really tart. This is my take on her simple recipe but altering it to my craving for tart with a kick of sweetness. My father-in-law goes crazy for this recipe and I do too.

Like a lot of my recipes, especially the ones I learned from my mother and grandmother,  I don't have quantities because I cook to taste. And frankly sometimes I am too lazy to measure and write down the quantities. For easy recipes such as this the quantities of the seasoning is subjective and really can be what ever suits you best. However, for other recipes where measurements are critical I will always give exact measurements.



Cucumber Dill Salad

  • Cucumbers
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Sugar
  • Dill
This recipe is best made a day ahead because it gives the cucumbers adequate time to marinate. 

Slice cucumbers to desired thickness. (I like mine on the thin side). Immerse cucumbers in vinegar. Add sugar to desired taste. I like a sweet tart taste but not too much sugar that the cucumbers loose their bite. Add dill. Refrigerate overnight and serve.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP