Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wedding Gifts Keep Coming




Last week marked our three month anniversary, so I was surprised when we got delivery from the UPS man yesterday.

It was a wedding gift from our registry. Now gifts at anytime are always appreciated but it was a surprise (albeit a pleasant one) to get a wedding gift. The gift came from a couple that did not attend our wedding but we will be guests at their nuptials next month.

If you have been following my wedding blog, you may already know that we had a very small wedding. We topped out at 36 guests down from the 48 that was our original guest list. I was skeptical from the beginning that we would get much off our registry. My husband and I went through the typical back and forth about the value of the registry. Me being a stickler for etiquette deemed it necessary and a way to guide our guests in getting appropriate gifts for us that we truly needed and would enjoy. My husband felt as though since we are older and more established the registry was not necessary and he preferred a cash gift. (Cash is always appreciated but it should not be first and foremost in your wedding gift requests). Since we had a long engagement we got quite a few registry items as Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and from my shower.  We were also  able to complete a substantial portion through redeeming rewards points accrued on our credit card from wedding related purchases. (It was always a source of much glee for me when a vendor took credit card. Rewards cards are a great vehicle for paying for your wedding AS LONG AS YOU PAY THE BILL OFF IMMEDIATELY. I can not stress this enough. We paid for our wedding out right and no one should go into debt to get married. Go into debt for a home, for an education, but not to get married. Its not worth it for one day. Ok I am off my soapbox.)

I know I will be putting this buffet server to good use next week at Christmas.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP