Related Posts with Thumbnails

A Low Key Christmas



We enjoyed a very low key Christmas - it was just my husband, my mother, and myself. Because it was only three people I did not pull out all the stops for Christmas dinner. I kept it relatively simple compared to holidays of the past.

I pared down the menu and did a buffet in lieu of the full holiday spread with complete table setting with our vintage china. It was so much less work and I was able to enjoy the day more.  Plus clean up was a breeze since there were not stacks of vintage china to hand wash. I able to stick our appetizer plates from Crate and Barrel in the dishwasher. Yeah! However, my husband was not a fan of the little plates and he had to go back to the buffet numerous times to get his fill. But he was a good sport about it.




I even cheated a little and ordered smoked turkey breast and ham from Heavenly Ham. I didn't have the energy to brine and roast a turkey and quite frankly I don't think I can ever make ham as good as Heavenly Ham. Their ham is like a slice of perfection. I order one every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter and is the highlight of the holiday meal for me.

Here are the items I did make and will share my holiday recipes with you.

Sweet Potato Souffle - a recipe I learned from my grandmother and is a holiday staple
Macaroni and Cheese
Cucumber Dill Salad
Corn, Bean and Tomato Salad
Sausage, Apple Cornbread Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP