Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Got the Kindle!




My special guy got me the Kindle for Christmas!!!! I wanted to do backflips.  I was so impressed that he remembered that it was something that I had been wanting for a long time. We took a cruise last fall and I saw another guest with one in the dining room one afternoon. Me being a major book fanatic was instantly captivated and I struck up a conversation about the device. The gentleman I was talking to about it had nothing negative to say and was gushing about how wonderful it was. At the time I just couldn't justify the price since we were saving for our wedding.

Didn't mention it much after that and in fact haven't talked about it for months. Well my husband remembered that it was on my secret want list. Ever since Christmas day it has been my little buddy - it is my companion every night before bed and when I wake up in the morning. I think this is going to jump start my reading habit again. In the past year with planning the wedding and now with launching a business my reading has slowed down to a snail's pace and I am lucky to finish a book a month. This is sad considering I used to go through 2-3 books in a week. Well I have already downloaded three books and I am well into two of them. 

I thought I would miss the tactile experiencing of reading but I don't. It feels no different reading the Kindle than it does reading a book. In fact I am finding that there are many advantages to the Kindle over regular books. Its light weight and now I can carry my whole library with me. I am someone who insures that practically every purse I own is large enough for a book and sometimes this makes my purse extremely heavy. So my pocketbook just got a lot lighter. The Kindle also has a built in dictionary, so no more creating a list of new words in the back of the book for look up at a later time (which I usually forget to do). I can instantly look a word up by hovering the mouse over it. I can also browse and buy books whenever I want and get them instantly. No more waiting for the UPS man. Plus they are way less than the usual Amazon price.

Now I will still buy traditional books but the bulk of my reading will now be on the Kindle.

It may just replace my Iphone as my favorite gadget ..... Nah that is just crazy talk. lol

Jenny @ Anything Pretty  – (December 28, 2009 at 6:17 AM)  

I got one for my birthday last year (the first generation one)and it is my all time favorite gadget. I almost did not open it at first because I was worried that I would miss the "real book" feeling as well, but that is so not the case. I use it constantly and the only time I whip out a real book now is for the pool (because I am paranoid). Enjoy!

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP