Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Goto Gifts this Year

Each year I choose one gift and give that to everyone. Some people may think this somewhat "tacky" and that it takes the personal element out of gift giving. But when you have a large list of people it just makes more sense. And this year I had even less time than usual to get gifts since work has been so demanding. I was ordering gifts as late as Sunday just making it in under the deadline for gifts to get there by Christmas.

I had two goto gifts this year.

One was Royal Riveria Pears from Harry & David. I constantly lament these days at the quality of fruit at the supermarket. It seems as though to get decent fruit you truly have to shop at higher end markets such as Whole Foods. So I look at Harry and David as an extra special treat.  Their fruit is always the freshest and tastiest I have ever had. Unfortunately it is not something you can have every day and is reserved for special occasions.  I would be over the moon ecstatic if I got a membership to their fruit of the month clubs. I keep promising myself that one day I will splurge and get myself a one year membership but I never do.




My other goto gift was the Brownie Sampler from Dancing Deer Company. After my auntie raved about them one year I consistently buy at least one of their gift sets each year. The packaging is so quaint and I love the wooden gift boxes which can be repurposed for other uses. Plus they are so rich and decadent.





Both companies have frequent sales throughout the year, and fortunately I was able to score free shipping in time for Christmas!

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP