Related Posts with Thumbnails

Making Laundry Fun - Is it Possible?

Is it possible to make doing laundry fun? My answer would be a definitive NO.

Laundry is the household chore I hate the most. I wait until its absolutely necessary to do my laundry. Thank God my husband does his own (I truly count that as a blessing). Roosevelt is very disciplined in doing his laundry and takes it very seriously. Every Sunday afternoon is his wash day where he goes to the basement to enjoy football and do his laundry. While most of us separate our items into whites, light coloreds, and dark coloreds, he on the other hand has a complex sorting system based on color, fabric and use of garment. I was a little intrigued at first but at this point it is beyond my mental processing and makes sense to only him.

So laundry day which is really 2-3 times a week is the most despised task in my house. (I have to do laundry at least twice a week to keep up on all our linens. I am a towel fanatic and change towels daily so they pile up.)

To make laundry tolerable I splurged last week and bought new detergent from The Laundress. I was introduced to The Laundress a couple of years ago via a magazine article that exalted the benefits of their products and how the two founders, Lindsey and Gwen, have taken laundry to an art form. These two ladies definitely know about laundry and have great tips about proper washing and care of your garments on their site. I made the investment of buying their product after purchasing custom high end bedding. I figured that after making such a large investment in linen that I should also invest in proper care so that it wear as well as possible over time.

I absolutely love their detergents. They truly are gentle on fabrics and the smell alone is a dream. I love when I sink into fresh sheets that have been laundered with their products. It is like heaven. Plus their products don't have harsh chemicals and are more eco friendly than most brands you buy in the supermarket.

I may take the complete plunge and do all my wash with their products and not just our bedding and table linen.

Here are the products I use, but go over to their website and check out their complete line. They have specialized detergents for baby (which we will definitely use when that time comes), denim, wools & cashmeres, and even pet wash.
















Please note that I have not been paid in any way to review products by The Laundress. These are simply my views as as an ordinary Jane telling my personal experience from a product I use on a regular basis in my own household.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP