Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bathroom Redo - We have fixtures

For the past week or so I have been trolling the internet to find a bathroom vanity, sink and fixtures for our bathroom redo. I had already visited our local Lowe's and Home Depot and knew I didn't want a traditional looking vanity. (I say "I" because my husband has given me free reign over this project. I do run everything by him to make sure it's not something he adamantly objects to but for the most part he trusts my choices.) I also experienced severe sticker shock in seeing what a basic vanity with marble top sink could cost.

Luckily Sherry and John from Young House Love came to the rescue of me overpaying for a plain jane standard vanity. They recently redid their main bathroom and had a fab idea for creating a sleek vanity. So I took a page from their book and began to hunt for a nightstand that could be fitted into a bathroom vanity. My biggest hurdle was in finding a nightstand that would fit the look I was going for which was rustic modern and something that was tall enough. We wanted a vanity that is taller than our current one which is 30" high. With Roe being over 6' it just helps that he doesn't have to bend over as much when getting ready. I also appreciate it too with my 5'5" frame. I scoured sites across the internet from Pottery Barn, Amazon, Crate and Barrel and other obscure furniture sites. Eventually I found what I wanted at Overstock. The great thing was I was able to also find a sink and faucet there as well.  And the price was right. I got $10 off  and free shipping with an online coupon plus by joining the O club I got an additional 5% off. The club membership was $20 but it was less than the discount amount off my total. Plus we get 5% off all our orders and free shipping for a year.

So here is what will be going into our bathroom, now off to Lowe's/Home Depot to find a floor. Will also begin to hunt for a new mirror as well.  I am contemplating changing our paint color to Navajo white which matches the color of our powder room in the basement (which I love!). But I think my husband will kill me since we just repainted the bathroom last year. I may be doing that alone ;(






Kim @ NewlyWoodwards  – (January 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM)  

I like the sink a lot. I'm hot-and-cold about sinks above the vanity top, but this one is really classic. Reminds me of an apron-farmhouse sink in the kitchen. (Like you care what I think, right?) ;)

Sounds like you are really moving along. Best of luck!

Anonymous –   – (January 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM)  

Ooh, this is such a nice sink! I too ventured over to overstock from YHL - it never clicked till then that overstock has some pretty cool bathroom fixtures/sinks! can't wait to see your progress!
deb

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP