Related Posts with Thumbnails

This Winter is Wreaking Havoc on my Hands


A pic of my kitchen window sill where I keep my hand lotion and ring bowl for when I'm cooking.


I have noticed that this winter unlike any before I am having problems with dry skin on my hands. Its probably a combination of the fact that I do a ton of dishes without wearing latex gloves,  fear of H1N1 has me washing my hands even more, and I am in my mid-thirties and my skin may not be as naturally moisturized as it used to be. One habit that I definitely picked up from my mother is the excessive use of hand lotion. I have a small container of hand lotion in almost every room and I fanatically apply it throughout the day. But my favorite lotion especially in the winter is the Hemp Hand Protector from the Body Shop. I have been using this lotion for well over 5 years and outside of vaseline it is the best moisturizer I have ever come across for my hands. The smell at first took some getting used to for me, especially  since I was used to the slightly floral scents that are common in hand lotions. It's definitely not unpleasant just different.  But everyone I give this lotion to gets hooked to it and swears by it as the best.

Are there any lotions or creams that others can recommend that help in combatting winter dryness?

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP