Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Little Buddy

I was debating whether to go out to Valley Green in Fairmont Park or Chestnut Hill to take photos today but it was just to darn cold. (And as I type this I am not feeling my best - I just hope I am not catching something.) So I resigned myself to it being a photo-less day, since I am tired of snapping pics indoors.

When I was laying on my bed enjoying my new Kindle, my faithful old companion crawled up next to me and he looked oh so cute that I couldn't help myself and I had to capture a few shots.

Donnie has been with me for over 12 years and I have had him since he was 1. Despite my allergies to cats I got him from the DC SPCA one summer in graduate school. He is one of my best friends and he has stood by me in some of my darkest hours as a faithful and loyal companion. He is really more like a dog than a cat. He loves people and greets everyone at the door We call him a "cat whore" since he wants attention from any and everybody. I am so happy that Roosevelt is an animal lover and that him and Donnie have formed a special bond. You can find them together curled up most nights watching TV or cruising the internet. He is even talking about getting him a little Eagles jersey for game nights. Now that I want to see. LOL!

Unfortunately my little guy is getting old, he is the equivalent of human 70 year old, and it's starting to show. Some days he is stiff, he can't jump like he used to, he definitely is starting to sleep more, and he has a little "Kitty mole" on his nose (just like humans may get more moles as we get older). But he is still as gentle and loving as ever. He is forever our little Buddy.










Jenny @ Anything Pretty  – (January 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

I feel your pain with the cold....the only thing I want to is cuddle under blankets. And I love the pet photography!

Anonymous –   – (January 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM)  

Donnie is precious! What an amazing friend to have around on lazy days. :)

My dog, Eddie, is my Donnie. He's an old guy and sometimes the only being on Earth that I want to be with.

Your photos of Donnie are amazing and will be great mementos to hold onto.

-Emily

Nicole Peterson  – (February 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM)  

Thanks Emily. He is a precious little guy. I already got a nice print of the second one and framed it for the living room.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP