Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pulled Pork is not just for BBQ Season

Pulled pork is not just for BBQ season. It is a year round dish in our house and it is something both my husband and I thoroughly enjoy on a soft fresh kaiser roll and a side of coleslaw.

I know that some folks do a dry version but I like mine dripping with sauce which makes for one good messy eat. YUM!! I also do mine in the slow cooker, which means I can set it and forget it and when I come back hours later it is falling apart and ready to eat.


BBQ Pulled Pork





Ingredients

  • Pork Loin - They come wrapped and packaged in the meat section of the market and usually there are two cuts of meat which I cut into halves 
  • Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
  • Can of tomato Sauce (15 oz)
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Dark Brown Sugar
  • Chili Powder
  • Paprika
  • Cumin
  • Hot Sauce
  • Onion is optional ( I prefer to omit the onion)
Place the BBQ Sauce and tomato sauce in crock pot. Add Apple cider vinegar, sugar, and seasonings to taste. (You can also add in a little water to make the sauce less thick) Add in pork loin and let cook on high for 3-5 hours or until meat is falling apart or tears apart easily. Serve on fresh kaiser roll.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP