Related Posts with Thumbnails

I thought I would be able to do it



I was the girl that swore up and down before her wedding that she was not emotionally attached to her dress. That I could easily sell it in a heart beat after the big day. It was an easy way to recoup some of the wedding expense. What was the big deal, its not like I would ever wear it again. At least it could bring joy to someone else.

But here we are over 4 months out from the wedding and it is still here. I can't let go. I love Nora and don't want to part with her. Ever since we got back from our honeymoon she has been adorning my professional dress dummy in our bedroom. I take her off her little pedestal every couple of weeks and try her on and glide around the house. I thought I would take her to get professionally cleaned, I thought I would formally post her for sale on all the wedding boards, or send her over to a consignment shop but NOOOOOOO. She is still with us and I don't see her leaving anytime soon.

Has anyone else been reluctant to part with their wedding gown? Where is your gown now?

Erin @ DomesticAdventure.com  – (January 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM)  

I don't blame you--it is such a beautiful gown! I did get my dress professionally cleaned after about 6 months, and now it just sits in the closet in its rather awkwardly-large box. I did end up selling the white faux fur jacket that I wore, though. I didn't mind parting with that seeing how I got it on super sale and it isn't exactly something you wear regularly around these parts of Maine!

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP