Related Posts with Thumbnails

Spaghetti and Meatballs



I was reading the Pioneer Woman's blog and noticed her recipe for meatball soup and thought to try it with traditional spaghetti. I liked the flavor it had with the addition of the freshly grated parmesan cheese. I also had enough left over to freeze and use for meatball subs (Yum!). Each month I make 3-5 quarts of sauce and freeze it so that I have a way to create quick dinners on nights where I am pressed for time. Once again I can give exact quantities for my sauce just ingredients since I make it to taste.


Basic Pasta Sauce

  • Olive Oil
  • Minced Garlic
  • Tomato Paste (1-2 cans depends on how much I am making)
  • Can Tomato Sauce (2-4 cans)
  • Diced Tomatoes
  • Minced Garlic
  • Basil
  • Oregano
  • Parsley
  • Kosher Salt
  • White Pepper
  • Sugar
1. In a crock pot set to high I pour in some olive oil and the minced garlic and let that cook for about 5 minutes

2. I add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, and parsley.

3. Let cook for about an hour. Then I season with pepper, salt and sugar

4. I let it cook for another 1-2 hours.

5. Let cool and freeze.

Pioneer Woman Meatballs 
  • ¾ pounds Ground Beef
  • ½ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Minced
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 2 cloves Garlic
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
  • ¼ teaspoons Ground Oregano
  • 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice (I omitted the lemon juice)
  • Olive Oil for cooking
1. Combine all meatball ingredients and mix well. Shape into small balls and chill for 30 minutes.
2. After chilling, heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a heavy pot. Thoroughly cook meat.




Omuluzua  – (February 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM)  

Like the way you placed the photos in a grid

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP