Related Posts with Thumbnails

Project 52 - Week 1

Roosevelt and I attended a wedding last Saturday at the historic Hotel Bethlehem. I had respect for wedding photographers before this past Saturday, but after trying to take photos with my Nikon D3000 during the ceremony and reception I have the utmost respect for those that do event photography for a living. Throughout the evening I was struggling to change my settings in enough time to capture the moments I wanted and I got a lot of bad shots. It is so much harder to shot when people are moving! But I am determined to keep at and I think I got some nice pictures despite my limited abilities. While up there I was also able to get some interesting shots outside though the cold kept me from being out there longer. Of course I was able to capture some of my favorite model - Roosevelt. (And yes he has a Nikon D3000 also - we are turning into such  camera geeks).

Outside of the wedding I was limited to capturing shots around the house since I was stuck in corporate hell and I was also nursing a cold. But I did get an opportunity to make some homemade sauce which we enjoyed with my favorite quick and easy penne pasta. (I will post a recipe later)

Let me know what you think of my shots. I am open to criticism, praise, anything that will help me get better. This week I also started shooting in RAW and I definitely see a difference between that and JPEG.


Outside in the freezing cold taking pictures. Were we crazy? I nearly froze!


I love photos of architectural details.


I wish she had been looking towards me. She was the cutest little flower girl. She was a whirl wind on the dance floor and danced the whole night.


Slightly blurry - I told you I was struggling with capturing moving subjects.





The Happy Couple



My favorite model.



Roe had his first photography class this week. Here he is playing with his camera. I have been trying out different editing effects.


Making sauce. Its one of my staple recipes in our house. So easy!


My diet consisted of this for two days this week while I nursed my cold.


Trying to plan out what new items I want for the change of seasons.

TOLIVER FAMILY  – (January 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM)  

found your blog through a "followed" project 365 blog.. LOVE your blog. Good Luck. Your pics look great! :)

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM)  

great pix! shooting in RAW makes a HUGE difference between JPEG (I used to do photoretouching/processing for a wedding photo studio). its great to be able to manipulate images w/o the compression JPEGs have. keep up the great work~!
deb

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP