Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blizzards are perfect for late night shopping

While the weather outside has been frightful, I have been having one long slumber party here in the house. I take snow days as an opportunity to laze around the house, watch massive doses of mindless television, and to troll the internet looking at all the sites I don't normally get time to see. It is also the perfect opportunity to shop at 2 in the morning.

From my earlier post you may have seen that I was torn between getting a purse and getting a new lens. Well I was able to have the best of both worlds by choosing less expensive versions of both.

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens


I went with the 35mm lens instead of the 50mm which was half the price. I went back and forth about which prime lens since I am really getting serious about my photography. But right now I need to just master good composition and eventually I can buy into the 50mm. After reading extensively on boards I think the 35mm is still a good solid lens because


  • its a fast lens 
  • produces sharp pictures 
  • its great for indoor and low light situation 
  • its great for portrait 

Look at the great shots you can get from the lens. Take a look at this one for example.



And while perusing on etsy I saw the seller valhallabrooklyn I had bookmarked months ago because I had fell in love with their travel bags. But saw they produced some really cool purses as well. While I love the Marc Jacobs bag, I already have two white/cream bags and another one just didn't seem to be practical. And valhallabrooklyn had an awesome black leather bag listed (can you believe that I don't have a basic black leather bag) at almost half the price of the Jacobs bag.  It was a no brainer.

Larch bag from etsy seller Valhallabrooklyn  in Jet Black

So I am torn no longer. I figured out a way to satisfy my purse addiction and my photography passion. (And the Jacobs bag is still on my wish list if anyone wants to get me a gift.)

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP