Related Posts with Thumbnails

I am throwing in the towel

 Trying to fit mopping into my schedule is causing me stress ;(


I am throwing in the towel and getting a monthly cleaning service again.

I tried to keep up on the housework (believe me I have tried) but with two people, a cat, 3 floors of living space, and 3 bathrooms I can't do it. Roe helps out but I will admit I am super anal about cleaning.  It was something that we went back and forth about it since we have been living together, with Roe on the side of not having a cleaning service. But with our busy schedules we just let some things go some of the time and that is just not cutting it in my book.  And I am a big component of out sourcing those tasks you either don't have the time for or you can't do. So I am going to have someone come in and do a thorough deep clean once a month.  It doesn't mean I have to retire my Swifter and mop but it will make my life a little easier and make me feel a lot less guilty.

Just wondering though am I the only one who does a quick cleaning before the cleaning service comes? (Roe just laughs and thinks it's odd and defeats the purpose)

Has anyone else admitted that they needed to outsource a household task? Do you feel guilty or relieved?

Jenny @ Anything Pretty  – (February 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM)  

I so wish that we were doing this. It would so much easier to clean knowing you just had to do quick pick ups and not the deep cleaning. We paid our neighbor's son to mow the yard last summer and while I still think that the husband could have done it easily, I will admit he was in a much better mood all season.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards  – (February 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM)  

Hubby got me a cleaning lady for Christmas. haha... it was a great gift. But, it was ridiculous. The first time she came, the house wasn't NEARLY as clean as when I do it. I'm going to make a list next time and then I may just end up doing it myself. I'm too darn picky.

Nicole Peterson  – (February 8, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

I am so lucky that we have a really good cleaning lady. She gets everything spectacularly clean. I wish she could come every week.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP