Related Posts with Thumbnails

Valentine Day

photo by me ;)

I am not a big fan of Valentine but the Mister is, so that incents me to get into the holiday. We started the day by exchanging gifts. I was so surprised when Roosevelt told me this is the first time he received a gift on Valentine Day. I guess society sets as the norm that women should expect a gift on this day and for men they are just SOL. Well hearing that made me beam from ear to ear. And he especially liked it since it was "hand made" and from the heart.

A couple of weeks ago I used Iphoto to create a small 3.5"x4" 70 page book listing reasons why I love Roosevelt along with photos of him and of us. It didn't take long to pull together and for so little work it was a huge reward to see Roosevelt's smile when he opened it. (This is not my original idea,  I shamelessly stole the idea from Mrs.Candy Corn of Weddingbee.)


I created a custom envelope for it out of Amy Butler 12"x 12" scrap book paper.







With my gift Roe once again surprised me. I had mentioned probably months ago that I love to give edible fruit arrangements as gifts but I had never received one. That is until yesterday.


It was a big one! I was barely able to make room for it in the refrigerator. We will be having fruit for a while. But wow is it YUMMY!

That evening we went out to the Prime Rib in Philadelphia which is in the historic Warwick Hotel. The food and the service was SUPERB! A great way to end the day.

Erin @ DomesticAdventure.com  – (February 15, 2010 at 5:52 PM)  

Looks like a great, creative Valentine's day! BTW, I stay at the Warwick when I travel to Philly and I've had several business dinners at Prime Rib!

Nicole Peterson  – (February 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM)  

I did enjoy the Prime Rib. It has a very classy old school steakhouse feel. We just did Stephen Starr's steakhouse Butcher & Singer two weeks ago. A little more hip in terms of atmosphere and EXCELLENT food. Try it next time you roll into town.

Creature Gorgeous  – (February 16, 2010 at 9:03 AM)  

It's so funny that Roe is totally into V-day and you're not! I love your photo book--the envelope is just as fantastic as the book itself! Do you have a tutorial you can share? Also, I adore the edible fruit bouquet. I've always wanted one (and have never received it). Happy belated Valentine's day!

Nicole Peterson  – (February 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM)  

@ Creature Gorgeous Yes V Day is a funny holiday for us. When we first started dating it was about a month before V Day. After two weeks of dating Roe asked me if I wanted to do a dinner V Day night (every girl's dream right?). Well I said "I'll see" hoping he would forget about it. So I never mentioned it until he bought it up again two days before V day, where I refused to go out some place special with him and instead countered with a suggestion of going out to coffee. Then on Vday I got him the worst card ever last minute with the message "Hope we remain the friendliest of friends". He thought he was about to get the friend talk. It is a wonder after that he stuck it out and kept dating me.

For the envelope - sorry no tutorial ;) I should write one. With most things I do for gift wrapping, I just wing it and make it work.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP