Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blueberry Muffins Part Deux

Will I ever reach "Blueberry Muffin Nirvana"?

Yes, I was at it again this weekend. I am continuing on my quest to find blueberry muffin Nirvana.  This weekend I got a little closer but the direct path to enlightenment still alludes me. (You may be subjected in the next couple of weeks to a whole series of blueberry muffin posts. Didn't I tell you that I am a perfectionist and once I get something in my sights I am like an old dog with a bone and won't let go.)


I gave Ms. Martha's recipe a try this go round. (Which you can find here in my earlier post on blueberry muffins.) Now Ms. Martha's recipe took a very non-muffin approach to mixing the batter, instead it relied on the creaming method which is the foundation of most cakes. Thus the batter was more dense then the Joy of Cooking recipe and shall I say more pound cake like in its consistency. While the recipe did yield a sweeter muffin because of the higher ratio of sugar, the muffin did not keep as well next day in terms of taste due to the lower butter content. Overall it was better than the first but still not good enough. I am a little disappointed in my girl Martha because I was hoping that she would knock it out of the park.

Ms.Martha's recipe was better but still not the BEST  ;(

Next I will try Shauna's recipe from Piece of Cake.

update : Crazy thought  ..... I am thinking I know "enough" (ie I have enough resources at my fingertips) to understand the chemistry of baking and the structure of a muffin recipe. Should I just forge ahead and develop my own recipe? Hmmmmmm.

Creature Gorgeous  – (February 16, 2010 at 8:59 AM)  

I am LOVING your food posts lately! All the images are beautiful and magazine-worthy! But more than that: the food looks delicious and so inviting!

Justin  – (February 16, 2010 at 10:48 AM)  

i'm sort of like this about banana bread. even when i try a great recipe, i'm thinking there must be an even better one out there somewhere

Nicole Peterson  – (February 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM)  

@ Creature Gorgeous Thanks :) It helps that I have been cooking during the day which yields better pics with my camera because if the lighting. But will have to see what happens with my new lens and if it helps improve the non-daytime cooking photos.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP