Related Posts with Thumbnails

Guilty Pleasure

Today I hauled my tush the 110 miles round trip down I-95 to my office in Delaware. I am pooped. I don't know how I used to do the commute everyday. Plus I even got social interaction with (gasp!) real people which sadly has also drained me of energy. (Socializing with a PC and a cat all day is definitely less taxing.)


But one good thing about my trips to the office is the fact that I get to patronize one of the best hoagie shops in the whole wide world. Capriotti's


Now I am a Philly girl born and raised and we are to put it frankly sandwich snobs here. From the time we are able to eat table food we are chowing down on hoagies. I won't even touch a hoagie outside of the city of Philadelphia so for me to even try Capriotti's (which is a national chain - it hurts me to even write that - Breathe, breathe) was in and of itself a big deal. But to give a glowing endorsement is to some Philly natives akin to blasphemy.

They make a sandwich called the Bobbie that is like a little slice of heaven. Every time I go down to the office I have to bring back one of their 18" hoagies to share with my husband. (Yes we make pigs of ourselves. Oink. Oink.)  

I dream about Bobbies.

Feast your eyes.

  

Fresh homemade turkey,  cranberries, stuffing and mayo. And the bread is so soft and fresh. YUMMMMMMM

Plus they make a mean eggplant parm that literally feels like it melts in your mouth. 

Look them up and if you are so blessed to have one near you. Run don't walk and see first hand the awesomeness that is Capriotti's.

Now that I have indulged in my fattening lunch , am all tuckered out from traveling up and down the highway, and had play time with other kids my age today I am too tired to go to ballet class.  Just when I need it the most.

note - no photo from me since I was too busy stuffing my face full of tasty sandwich goodness

Creature Gorgeous  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM)  

First of all, I am so jealous of the fact that you live in Philly--mid-Atlantic food capital. You are correct, the hoagies there...you have every right to be sandwich snobs. But in general your food culture is AMAZING.

Second, 110 miles?????? Every day (before)? That is insane! I know what you mean about playing with the other kids being a little or a lot taxing sometimes. I WISH I could work from home like you!

Third, thanks for sharing this find! I've never heard of them. Don't think there is one near me, but will look them up and try the Bobbie if indeed I come close to one!

Have a good night. Dance class another day?

Nicole Peterson  – (February 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM)  

Oh yes, the joys of living in Philly. It was not the fat capital for nothing. If I had my way would eat out all the time. There are sooooo many restaurants to try and so little time.

Yes my commute was 110 miles round trip and I used to do it every day. (Yikes) That is why my little Mini Cooper is beat to heck because of the trips up and down the I-95 corridor. But it was better than when I commuted to New York everyday which took 2.5-3 hours one way. I would leave before daybreak and come home after dark. I never got to see daylight.

I believe Capriotti's is in Maryland. I am waiting for them to put a franchise closer to my house.

Post a Comment

(never home)maker
OWP badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP